Mailings will be made after board secretaries update their rosters in the IASB member database. This will also enable new board members to create their own accounts and manage their own records in the database.
The New Board Member Packet contains the following information and documents:
- Memo from IASB Executive Director
- A memo to the family of the new board member
- Membership Guide booklet
- Article – Protect Your Good Name
- The Basics of Governance booklet
- New Board Member Workshops brochure
- Field Services division map
- Open Meetings Act bookmark
- Policy Services “First Call” flyer
- 2017 Joint Annual Conference flyer
- Stay in touch access to Association website, social media, and member database flyer
- IASB publications brochure
- The Effective School Board Member book
- March-April issue of The Illinois School Board Journal
Local boards have 28 days after the consolidated election, or until Tuesday, May 2, to reorganize and seat new board members. That is also when the board will elect its officers and fix a time and place for regular board meetings.
Districts that have questions about the New Board Member Packet or IASB member database may call 217 528-9688, ext. 1131.