Theater seating will be limited to 34 participants and each clinic will have complete AV and Internet setups for feature presentations. The clinics will be held at specific 30-minute time slots during regular Comiskey Room hours, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Here is a list of the IASB staff presentations:
- Governmental Relations (resolutions process and advocacy)
- Targeting Achievement through Governance (Illinois School Report Card)
- Board Development (community engagement and the board’s role in student learning)
- Executive Searches
- Communications (IASB News Blog, social media, recruiting school board candidates, and wrapping up the conference experience)
- Field Services (superintendent evaluations and setting district goals and direction)
- Policy Services (School Board Policies Online, maintaining the board policy manual, 10 policies for better governance, and BoardBook)
- Office of General Counsel (Meet the PRESS editors and learn about the Legislative PRESS issue).
“For years, this room has operated as an informal hospitality suite,” said IASB Associate Executive Director James Russell. “We are transforming this room from a cookies and coffee lounge to a venue that showcases the services that our members want and use.”
To find out more about this year’s event, visit IASB’s online Conference page. Those attending Conference for the first time should also consider attending the Conference orientation panel, scheduled at 11 a.m. Friday and repeated at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.